Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: 511E somebody buy them

  1. #21
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Re: 511E somebody buy them

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    ....

    Another thing I noticed is that one horn has 4 holes and the other has 5 holes. I see Steve's have 4 holes.
    The set I have are 3 holers.
    I wish I could pull them out but I'm a coupla states away from the old domicile....long story....
    One of them looks it could have a fourth hole...but...I think not...think it's filled in.

  2. #22
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Re: 511E somebody buy them

    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    No Altec stickers?
    Good question. Mine have stickers...and I've seen a few sets on eBay but
    never saw stickers on em before the set I ran into.

  3. #23
    HB Super Moderator
    511E somebody buy them


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: 511E somebody buy them

    [QUOTE=Steve Mac;1801227]Oh c'mon...did you do a search on this forum?
    And find someone who is really debating this...perhaps only old altec literature which is
    notoriously bad...especially during the "anything goes" 70s...
    But okay...I told you I have both sets....511Bs and 511Es...

    Hi Steve,

    I was thinking of another forum when I had post that, as we were just talking about it here mixed the 2 up.Thank You for posting the pics.I never owned a pair of 511E's so I have never seen them up close and have been looking for them for awhile now.Yours look very nice in real nice shape.Regards

    Thanks again Steve for posting pics, everytime I do a search I Never find what I'm looking for so I don't bother.

  4. #24
    HB Super Moderator
    511E somebody buy them


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: 511E somebody buy them

    At first when I seen the picture it did look like the early throats with the protrusion but later pics kinda looked like just a rubber gasket I posted pics of throats that I have with that protrusion these are Brass 30170's like OG said maybe they sacrificed throats for those 511E's for this particular set of horns.But after looking again it looks like a rubber gasket.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.